The Ultimate 2020 Speed and Slalom sail
Unconditional performance for ultimate records
For 2020 we present the 6th generation of our Ultimate 2.0 – a dedicated racing machine. Developed in intricate step-by-step detail and optimised over the years for competition use.
With 20 years of series sail development and 10 years of mast design, experience comes as standard. Combining this with feedback from our national and international skilled team riders, the Ultimate 2.0 lives and breaths racing performance, a sail that is no newcomer and screams to be used whatever/wherever your racecourse.
A race sail by design must perform not just as a fast sail but it must offer much more; ease of use on all angles of attack, it must allow the user to accelerate rapidly across the start line and out of the gybes, it has to rotate around the mast with a soft feel and soft cambers, whilst offering speed even when the wind weakens. Everything the Ultimate 2.0 carries.
For 2020, each sail size was put to the test and individually tuned.
The following points highlight the optimised characteristics of the 2020 sail:
- A deeper profile in the boom area and below creates maximum acceleration. The smooth transition of the vertical profile across the middle section between the top and boom maintains the top speed. A top speed that is now achieved even easier.
- A completely new batten set-up with 3 part battens in the boom area improves the stability of the pressure point within the sail – even in gusty conditions.
- New, slimmer outline. Especially in the large sizes, a stretched ratio with a shorter cross batten ensures faster rotation of the entire sail. The cambers rotate super soft which further allows the profile to rotate cleanly. Perfect for rapidly developing power and acceleration after gybing.
- The use of thinner X-Ply in the luff sleeve not only saves weight but it allows the luff sleeve to “breathe” better. In gusts, the profile within the front of the sail area can deepen and gives an extra boost when accelerating.
- A dacron panel in luff sleeve increases the flexibility even more. This increases the effect of the thin X-Ply and gives the camber more room for super smooth rotations.
- The upper area of the sail consists of monofilm. In addition to the weight reduction, the more direct driving experience allows for improvements in handling.
- The configuration of the leech towards the top of the sail has been optimised depending on the size of the sail, the result – the aerodynamics are now more efficient and the acceleration in gusts is even stronger.
- Overall, the sail pressure point moves down, improving control and handling.
- For that extra bit of speed. The sail can be sailed more upright and feels lighter. An absolute plus on long, exhausting competition days.
Wider AeroSleeve luff sleeve
New light-weight Rip-Stop sleeve cloth
2 XL-ProCams and 2 L-ProCams
4 mil XPLY for an optimum ratio of stability and weight
extremely light-weight top
Slalom / speed
White / orange / red
|Extra wide AeroSleeve luff sleeve||Perfect aerodynamics|
|4 Roller cams||Thereof 2 XL-ProCams above and below the boom for stable pressure point and easy rotation.|
|All Batten are tubes||Best stiffness at low weight.|
|Narrow batten pockets made from X-PLY||Reduced weight. The batten tensioning is transmitted most effectively.|
|SBC – Short boom concept||Better handling and more control because of more loose leech.|
|Mast sleeve 180 gr. Rip-stop Polyester||Less strech in the sleeve. Absorbs minimal water. Excellent durability.|
|All Panels are made with 4 mil. X-ply||Maximum stability at low weight.|
|X-Ply Reinforcements||Maximum stability at low weight.|
|Window with 5 mil. Monofilm||Best view with minimum stretching that increases the pressure point stability.|
|Continuous luff made with 4 mil. X-Ply||No stretching in the luff, consistent pressure Point, maintains shape of years.|
|Sleeve opener||Enable the mast to be inserted with ease.|
|Extra large mast protector||Best protection for board and feet.|
|Boom cover on cross batten||Less wear on batten pocket when in contact with the boom.|
|Chafe protection at the foot||Less wear on the sail.|
|Pulley block with big wheels||Makes trimming the sail effortless.|
|Roll up strap||Elastic to secure the sail in place once it is rolled up.|
|size / model
|5,0 / 2.0||413||168||400 / RDM only||19||CC||7||4||Fix||1079,-|
|5,6 / 2.0||429||181||400 / RDM only||19||CC||7||4||Fix||1109,-|
|6,3 / 2.0||448||195||430||21||CC||7||4||Fix||1139,-|
|7,0 / 2.0||462||209||430||21||CC||7||4||Fix||1179,-|
|7,8 / 2.0||488||222||460||25||CC||7||4||Fix||1219,-|
|8,6 / 2.0||513||233||490||29||CC||7||4||Fix||1259,-|
|9,4 / 2.0||539||238||490/520||29/32||CC||7||4||Fix||1299,-|
Technische Änderungen vorbehalten